Remove this ad

#281 [url]

May 25 11 9:19 AM

i should also mention i got lebanese cucumbers for $1 a kg a few days ago.
Oh and super excited, good Cos lettuce for $1 each

Bonnie, mum to
~many beautiful rescued piggies,dogs,cats and ratties~

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#283 [url]

May 25 11 10:27 AM

Wow awesome bargain Donna!!!

I did well this week to!

- 2 cos lettuces for $1 nice big ones to
- 20kg carrots for $5.99 so cheaper than norm
- box of corn (about 30 corns with husk) for $16

The guys donated me a HUGE box of JUST corn husks and silks omg my pigs went nuts hehe.

Jess

Quote    Reply   

#285 [url]

May 25 11 1:13 PM

OMG, we pay $4.00 each for Cos sometimes I have to pay $4.00 for 2 tiny hearts
$6.00 for 4 small corn
$8.00kg red caps
$6.00kg for green
I think Yellow caps was $13.00 but mine wont eat it any way

Sarah ♥ 5 Piggies ♥ Stitch ♥ Lilo ♥ Hammy ♥ Snowflake ♥ Alvin

Quote    Reply   

#286 [url]

May 25 11 8:36 PM

Sarah, there must be somewhere cheaper you can go. I know if I go to Charlies at Everton Park that I get really great specials but if I'm lazy then I go to our local fruit and veg shop at McDowall. Even my local has pre-packed capsicum so you can get about 5 capsicums for a few dollars. Always check out the pre-packed stuff. I avoid the supermarkets unless they have something on special.

Quote    Reply   

#288 [url]

May 26 11 1:08 AM

Thanks Madelene We only have 1 supermarket here, no fruit shop or markets, a fruit man does travel out to us every other week but the prices are pretty much the same, so unfortunately that is where we have to shop, I am just shocked at how cheap you can purchase your fruit and vege, our quality is pretty sub standard to compared to the city too Poor piggies have to eat, that's why we cant have as many as I would like lol

Quote    Reply   

#289 [url]

May 26 11 1:14 AM

That makes it hard! I also grow my own cucumber, parsley and lettuce. Cucumber is really easy to grow and it's always so expensive so maybe that's an option. My piggies love cucumber.

Quote    Reply   

#290 [url]

May 26 11 1:19 AM

Ha ha Yes we did have a good vege garden, but with all that rain even though the beds are well raised and drain well everthing just rotted away. We have just replanted a big heap of caps, cucumber, cos, carrot all the good stuff starting with C lol we have some tomato, no parsley yet, they had no seeds or plants, lucky it is hot up here and we can plant every thing all year round, they are starting to look good but it will still be a while before we get any thing off them, we put some in large pots this time so we can bring them in out of the rain if it gets to wet, I don't want to lose everything again

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#292 [url]

May 26 11 2:45 AM

I wish i had a green thumb, everything i plant dies including the herbs.. I got coz for $1... thats as special as my specials get lol. I could go to the fruit shop in westfields.. its only 15min. Must go check it out again! Julz, if you find veg on your doorstep- it wasnt me.

April :)
4 girl piggies- Mary, Stella, Peggy & Sasha
RIP my little darlings Daphne & Lucy :( May there be lots of foods in piggie heaven.
7 mice- Caramel, Chocolate, Lamington, Butterscotch, Creamie & Jaffa & Patches
2 ratties- Sunflower & Lilly

Quote    Reply   

#293 [url]

May 27 11 5:49 AM

Cavyluver wrote:
I wish i had a green thumb, everything i plant dies including the herbs.. I got coz for $1... thats as special as my specials get lol. I could go to the fruit shop in westfields.. its only 15min. Must go check it out again! Julz, if you find veg on your doorstep- it wasnt me.

dont worry i kill plants too and with 51 pigs its not wise to be buying it all lol

Bonnie, mum to
~many beautiful rescued piggies,dogs,cats and ratties~

Quote    Reply   

#295 [url]

May 27 11 10:58 AM

Lettuce doesnt cost me anything and all I need too do is walk 6metres and I get an unlimited supply of all sorts of vegetables LOL

Brittany: One of the smartest things I ever did was get into growing my own vegetables, it has saved me HUNDREDS of dollars over the last year or so .... I am all for it. Give it a go, just go get a few self watering pots, and plant some plants, Parsley and basil and coriander are good starters because they are easy too grow and then maybe branch out too lettuce from there. Then you really get a lot more "Cocky" excuse the word folks lol, but things really do go wild and well for me anyway, it is a real passion for me I really do hope you find the same happiness and relaxation that gardening has done for me for it too do for you aswell

Quote    Reply   

#296 [url]

May 29 11 2:40 AM

Demetri&Benji wrote:
Parsley and basil and coriander are good starters because they are easy too grow

I cant even keep that alive!! But i want to try again

RIP my little darlings Daphne & Lucy :( May there be lots of foods in piggie heaven.

Quote    Reply   

Zoe121

#297 [url]

May 29 11 6:24 AM

I just got a huge endive at Charlies fruit market for 99cents, so I bought up and the piggies are going to have that instead of Cos this week.

Rach

Quote    Reply   

#298 [url]

May 29 11 8:39 AM

Cavyluver wrote:
Demetri&Benji wrote:
Parsley and basil and coriander are good starters because they are easy too grow

I cant even keep that alive!! But i want to try again

seriously when you are going too give it another shot let me know and I can come around and help you with a few extra 'gifts' too make sure things dont die on you if you would like my help when you give it another try

Just a suggestion and an offer too help you get a better start 2nd time around.

I will await your response.

Quote    Reply   

#299 [url]

May 31 11 12:42 AM

Thanks lol. Gotta buy me some pots still!

Quote    Reply   

#300 [url]

Jun 2 11 1:17 AM

That fruit barn in strathpine shops has coz lettuce for 30c today and their tub things of mixed lettuce at 2 for $2.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help