Remove this ad

Lead

Jul 13 06 9:39 AM

Tags : :

Hi Guys,

well thought I'd make a new sticky thread lol I know all of us love to gloat about our fruit and veg bargains we find so now we have a place to regularly vent hehe.

Today I needed to stock up on veg so I went to the \\" country markets \\" at Lawnton to stock up. This is now my regular place the bargains are just unbelievable and can't be beaten on this side of town so here goes...

For $26.00 what do you get?

20kg carrots ( $7.99 )
3 beautiful big fresh womboks
2 green cucumbers
1kg tomatoes
1 big fresh silverbeet
2 bags of 3 capsicums
1 big pumpkin ( $1 )

Jess
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#1 [url]

Jul 13 06 9:41 AM

LOL, my poor pigs never get that much variety, they get whatevers ripe in teh veggie garden, right now its a parsley plant thats decided it wnats to be a bush and is huge LOL.

Emma

Quote    Reply   

#2 [url]

Jul 13 06 9:50 AM

Do you only feed your pigs one or two things em?

Jess mine wouldnt eat half that LOL
They wouldnt touch the pumpkin, cabbage and I dont think I would go through 20kg of carrots before they went off hehe

But $8 for that many is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I will have to check it out!!!!!

We have enslaved animals and have treated our distant cousins in fur and feathers so badly that beyond doubt, if they were able to formulate a religion, they would depict the Devil in human form.

Quote    Reply   

#5 [url]

Jul 13 06 10:18 AM

These womboks are MASSIVE i mean massive lol i dunno but my pigs have gone wombok ravin mad!

Some of the bargains at country markets this week include:
huge watermelons $1
sweet potato bags $1
pumpkins $1
big cauliflowers with leaves $1
big bags of green beans or snow peas $2
capsicums 3/4 for $2.49
silverbeet big bunch $2

Jess

Quote    Reply   

#6 [url]

Jul 13 06 10:29 AM

yummm watermelon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I so have to go there for my piggies.

We have enslaved animals and have treated our distant cousins in fur and feathers so badly that beyond doubt, if they were able to formulate a religion, they would depict the Devil in human form.

Quote    Reply   

#7 [url]

Jul 13 06 12:03 PM

My goodness! It is definately worth a trip out there!
Not only for the piggies for me too!!! My daughter and I are wheat and dairy free vegetarians, lol, most people who know us call us guinea pigs lol, or rabbits.

Quote    Reply   

#8 [url]

Jul 13 06 9:30 PM

Is that the lawnton Fruit and Veg Jess? I dont remember did you give us the address? lol
Otherwise, knowing me I will get lost... hehe

Quote    Reply   

#9 [url]

Jul 13 06 9:43 PM

lol yup it's the lawnton one. It's just along the main road Gympie Road on the left hand side it's not the first fruit and veg market but the second one it has a huge sign across it saying country markets hehe.

And the good thing is along the same strip is the aussie pet stores place and also a produce lol.

Jess

Quote    Reply   

#10 [url]

Jul 13 06 9:43 PM

Holly if I go I will pm you and if you give me an idea of what you want, I can get yours as well?
I am just awaiting some overdue payments, which will probably be a check, which will take 3 days to clear....... then I am on my way.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#11 [url]

Jul 14 06 12:27 AM

That place is a bit too far for me to go to i'm afraid .. I'd love to go to the markets at Rocklea tomorrow but Craig doesn't finish until 1 and there is no way that I could go on my own in my condition with the 2 kids ... I'll have to check out the local vegie shops for now ...

My name is Tanya

Quote    Reply   

#12 [url]

Jul 14 06 8:01 AM

Aw thanks Katt that would be lovely!!
Im so sick of woolies fruit&veg for my piggies, I love the barns/fresh produce stores soooo much better. A lot nicer quality and prices! LOL

You wouldnt believe tonight, all my piggies are being naughty and picky again LOL - I fed them nice fresh carrot, broccoli and brussel sprouts and the only one they will touch is carrots!! They really really dont like broccoli or brussel sprouts *sigh*
They preferred to eat their grain and fresh hay LOL
Oh well, I tried!!

Quote    Reply   

#14 [url]

Jul 14 06 8:11 AM

Im lost LOL Why not B?? hehe

Quote    Reply   

#15 [url]

Jul 15 06 8:11 AM

Annerley Fruit Barn

Ok, I just got back from the Annerley Fruit Barn on Ipswich Road ... and OMG .. the bargains ...

Cerlery 99 cents
Cos 99 cents
English Spinach 4 for $3.00
Silverbeet 99 cents
Bag of 5 capsicum $2.99
1 kilo bag of toms $1.99
5 kilo bag of carrots $3.50
Beetroot 99 cents
Apples are $1.99 a kilo

Bread is 89 cents

We got given a box of lettuce that was iceberg and cos .. and you wouldn't beleive it .. I just put some of each lettuce in there for them (iceberg as a treat) and that's the one that they all chose to eat first ... lol

Anyway, great bargains there today ... mandarines, oranges $2.00 a kilo roughly watermelon, rockmelon all $1

Quote    Reply   

#17 [url]

Jul 15 06 11:10 AM

definately is .. at the side they also have boxes of stuff that they have reduced because the fruit / vegies is starting to go off .. they had a box of cos lettuces there for $2 today ... there was nothing wrong with them, just starting to wilt a bit ...

My name is Tanya

Quote    Reply   

#18 [url]

Jul 17 06 3:52 AM

yummm I like the photo on their advert!! hehe

Great bargain there!!! Your piggies will love all that!!

I wish mine would eat broccoli/cauliflower/sweet potato LOL

I cant give mine tomato much anymore either - I noticed they all start to develop a sore on the corner of their mouths Goes away once I stop feeding tomato. Must be the acidity. Darn! They really love it too!

Quote    Reply   

#20 [url]

Jul 17 06 4:13 AM

omg wow thats a fantastic bargain!!! great selection of veg Anissa they all look so fresh! The tomatoes wow they are huge lol and the capsicum looks yum..crisp and cunchy hehe!

Hol thanks for mentioning that about the tomato I didn't know that one...I never fed my guys tomato until recently but will make sure it's only on occasion now...wouldn't want that happening

Jess

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help