Remove this ad

#41 [url]

Sep 1 08 5:31 AM

cool, lucky 2 have a 2 storey timber house,and I must try tomato with my boys.

Heidi

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#42 [url]

Sep 1 08 11:35 AM

nice c&c! great buy on the two -storey they are worth a mint! Awww the piggies look so happy and relaxed!

This is my favourite cage...I call it a hay bin because i put wayyyy to much in lol. Miss Piggy, Miss Muffet, Penny and Curly Sue live here.
It's a bugger of a thing to clean though!

Miss Piggy showin off as she does hehe.

and a random....Amenti and Shiraz were looking too cuteness behind me they were wondering what i was doing!

jess

Quote    Reply   

#43 [url]

Sep 1 08 11:40 AM

I like those coloured timber dowel hidey hole thing, I saw them at the RSPCA superstore, was going to make it myself, but cheaper to buy.

The hay bin is like a penthouse for pigs, that's massive, can see why cleaning days arn't fun.
Those piggies are soo cute.

Quote    Reply   

#44 [url]

Sep 1 08 11:40 AM

i didn't actually buy the two storey we picked it up on the side of the road someone threw it out for council clean up, we scored there.

I love those little wooden houses Jess i want some for my babies.

**Tammy**

Quote    Reply   

#45 [url]

Sep 1 08 12:02 PM

lol cleaning days are a nightmare!!! there's too many accessories to lol it's a 5 x 2 lower level from memory and a 1 x 4 upper level. They have a stuffed turtle they lie on half the time lol umm and theylove the grey stool on the bottom left. It's like a dog hammock it has a wrought iron stand with a fleece stop and they snooze in it most of the time sadly they also use it as their dropping/toilet spot...I've given up on cleaning it regularly because they all use it every day for that then silly enough chosoe to sleep on it! Umm yeah then they have two hammocks on top, little orange house, fabric house on bottom level, feeder....yuh umm I dunno how they ended up with so much in their lol anbd to make it worse yesterday i found two food play balls ( plastic with carrots and apples printed on them )...and where do i put them...IN THIS CAGE....not to mention they scored a light up cage ( has downlights ) and crystal suncatchers i made hanging from it...I've made a pact not to put anything else in it! lol it's ridiculus!

I got the wooden house for $17 was an awesome price! They aseem to be really harad to find though does anyone else have trouble finding them?

jess

Quote    Reply   

#46 [url]

Sep 1 08 12:09 PM

i have seen the wooden houses quite a lot here, i thought they were a bit cheaper than that as well i will check it out on Friday when we go do the shopping.

**Tammy**

Quote    Reply   

pigsforlife

#48 [url]

Sep 5 08 10:11 AM

PansyGirl wrote:
Hehe! I am just going to dangle the carrot in front of your nose and make you wait until tomorrow!

ADMIN WARNING: You have 24 hours.

Jeni

Oh dear, you might have to shoot me then! I am 5 days late! Thankfully camera and computer issues are fixed so pictures are uploading now.

Buttercup - March 2007 - August 2008
Toffee - June 2007 - December 2010

~Ash~

Quote    Reply   

#49 [url]

Dec 8 08 3:35 AM

I realise that this cage is probably to small, I really want to get a C & C cage, but I don't know where from, I've asked bunnings if they have the products for them but they haven't replied to me or called me back. My mum also doesn't want me to buy them another cage. I also have a dog pen for them which I use to seperate my two guinea pigs. Click on the images for a larger view

Quote    Reply   

#50 [url]

Dec 8 08 3:44 AM

Meridith,
Bunnings do stock the grids you are after. They call them IBEX grids and are kept in the storage/shelving section, at Browns Plains they are, but not sure where you live??
For a 4 x 2 grid cage which is recommended for 2 pigs, you would need at least 3 packs and they are $8.50 for 5 grids.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#51 [url]

Dec 8 08 7:21 AM

Delilah wrote:
Meridith,
Bunnings do stock the grids you are after. They call them IBEX grids and are kept in the storage/shelving section, at Browns Plains they are, but not sure where you live??
For a 4 x 2 grid cage which is recommended for 2 pigs, you would need at least 3 packs and they are $8.50 for 5 grids.

wow, you remembered my name from my other post. I just came back from bunnings, I showed how it was cheap to my mum and I can sell that cage(pictured in previous post) to my neighbour or keep it as an Isolation cage for that just in case moment. I just don't know where to get the coroplast from. I got $500 for Christmas and if my mum still won't let me buy the stuff i'll say it's my christmas money i'll do what i want with it. lol

Quote    Reply   

#52 [url]

Dec 8 08 7:47 AM

Corflute is cheap. There are a few places you can get it from. Bunnings will actually give it to you for free if you ask nicely..lol. They use it in the outdoor tiling section to pack their concrete tiles on.
I bought mine from Modular Plastics from Slacks Creek, $10.00 for about 2M of the stuff. Below is some suppliers that is listed on the ACS website.
There is a company that will deliver it to!

BRISBANE FLUTE SUPPLIES
Address: 56 Pentax Street, Salisbury, QLD, 4107.
Phone: 3276 7933 Fax: 61732767456
Website: http://www.bfsplastics.com.au ( Website also has links to interstate suppliers )

Sign Essentials Pty Ltd
Address: 3/209 Robinson Rd, Geebung QLD 4034
Phone: 61 7 3865 2294 Fax: 61 7 3865 2579

MODULAR PLASTICS
Address: 13 BRENNAN STREET, SLACKS CREEK, QLD
TEL: 3290 3978

Quote    Reply   

#53 [url]

Dec 8 08 8:57 AM

wow $500 that's not bad lol....heidi thanks for posting the links to the corflute places! Just on a side note meredith if you can't get to any of those places some of the larger bunnings stores with garden sections sometimes give away black corflute for free they use it on their pallets.

The 3mm is the easiest to work with and bend if you want to know the thickness....5mm is stronger but just a tad harder to bend but should be ok.

jess

Quote    Reply   

#54 [url]

Dec 8 08 10:20 AM

meridith,

If you look in the outdoor tiles section at bunning you should be able to find it, they but it between the tiles. if you just go and have a look up and down the rows and look between the shelves you might by able to find some.

Quote    Reply   

pigsforlife

#55 [url]

Dec 8 08 10:28 AM

Oh dear. 3 months ago I said I was going to post up pictures of the new cage, and I promised Alina recently new pictures of the crew. Well the good news is that I found my camera. Unfortunately the dog found it first. And now I have a new camera on my wish list.

Buttercup - March 2007 - August 2008
Toffee - June 2007 - December 2010

~Ash~

Quote    Reply   

#56 [url]

Dec 9 08 3:31 AM

Here's a couple of pics of Angel and Meggs' piggy apartment. The cage is lined with newspaper, then a layer of shavings and hay or straw, whichever I can get. I put the corflute high up the sides to stop the shavings and hay getting spread outside the cage. They love their upstairs bedroom and usually sleep up there and eat downstairs.

Jan

The purpose of life is to increase the warm heart - The Dalai Lama

Quote    Reply   

#60 [url]

Mar 8 09 5:57 AM

I HAVE to know! Where did you get that crown shaped bed? I want one!

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help