Remove this ad

chuffnut

#202 [url]

May 1 11 6:00 PM

Wow! Those are gorgeous, Julz! Who made them? (you may have already said but I've missed it...)

-=[[ Lynlee ]]=-
There are 1000's of homeless guinea pigs in rescue shelters all across Australia that NEED YOU!!

Quote    Reply   

#203 [url]

May 1 11 11:46 PM

Oh wow! Love it! Where did you get them?

*wants*

My Current Babies: Emma + Fizzy (aka Fizz-Wizz)
My Angel Pigs: Charlie, Caramel, Josef, Josephine + Frank
My Angel Mice: Megann, Merryll, Alyssa, Carmen, Hermione, Eryn + Samantha
My Angel Pups: Wilbur

Quote    Reply   

#205 [url]

May 2 11 12:10 AM

Gallia wrote:
Oh wow! Love it! Where did you get them?

*wants*

I got EVERYTHING from Jenscustomcrafts, all hand made from scratch. She is a wonderful lady and will work with you with all and any ajustments or changes you wish.

I could not ask for anyone more compassionate about piggy happiness then Jen. website is

www.jenscustomcrafts.com

if you have any queries no matter how small or big, she will answer everything

Quote    Reply   

#207 [url]

May 2 11 12:45 AM

I have just finished lining of the upper deck, I just need 2 extra grids too finish it off. the block is in place too hold it up, with the ramp being fitted with a black waterproof lining for grip too the second level. It is just around the corner for a full revealing will post pictures when I can get my hands on 2 more grids

Quote    Reply   

#208 [url]

May 9 11 9:31 AM

Arggh.. I really like the look of c&c cages and want to build a mansion for my piggies. But I can only keep the pigs outside. Any ideas to outside- proof a c & c cage?

Happy owner of 2 wonderful piggies

Quote    Reply   

pigsforlife

#209 [url]

May 9 11 9:42 AM

I wouldn't recommend a C&C for outside use. They don't provide enough protection from the elements. Additionally, there has been a case on here, where a neighbours dog has escaped, broken into a C&C used outdoors and killed a number of guinea pigs. Mice/rats can easily slip through the holes in the grids and they don't protect them from snakes either.

C&C grids are fine to use on the grass on fine days as part of a pen set-up (so long as they are supervised).

Saying that, I know some folks have banks outdoors that are often based around the idea of C&C cages. They are sturdier than plain C&C cages as they often sit on wooden bases, and are reinforced with aluminium/steel posts -- like a shelving system. This provides extra protection in cases like above. Mesh with smaller holes than the grids is used to snake-proof the enclosure (and also to stop mice/rats getting in). Most of these set-ups are on patios which provides some protection from the elements. Some banks have the sides boarded up, which stops the wind coming in from the sides. So it could be do-able but would require a lot of modifications.

Buttercup - March 2007 - August 2008
Toffee - June 2007 - December 2010

~Ash~

Quote    Reply   

#213 [url]

May 10 11 12:13 PM

I am getting purple corflute tomorrow and more grids and completing my cage!!!

This is going to be such a wonderful feeling, will be at bunnings door at 8am!!!! also need too raid their garden section too while I am there

Quote    Reply   

#215 [url]

May 10 11 12:48 PM

I've got a bit on tomorrow but I am really really really really hoping that it will all be done by tomorrow night

This is going to be one fan-tabulous theme/cage set up!

Thanks for the possitive messages Sam, your a lovely lady

Quote    Reply   

#216 [url]

May 11 11 1:32 AM

Well as promised, this is my piggie enclosure..... this part is their sleeping quaters { you were not able to see that in the other pics}

x~~~x~x~~~x Cheryl x~~~x~x~~~x

Quote    Reply   

#217 [url]

May 11 11 1:38 AM

I tried to get the whole enclosure captured. Sleeping quaters, play / lounge area and Kitchen area lol This enclosure is 13 feet and 1 inch long and 3 1/2 feet wide.

x~~~x~x~~~x Cheryl x~~~x~x~~~x

Quote    Reply   

#220 [url]

May 11 11 3:15 AM

You will out do me on this, but I have just finished my second deck cage.

uploading photos through photobucket as we speak!

so there it is, all finished.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help