Remove this ad

pigsforlife

Site Admin

Lead

May 20 08 11:28 AM

Tags : :

Everyone keeps talking about these lovely set-ups that they have, but there is no pictures! So I have started this thread, so that we can ooo and ahh over each others set-ups and also to give newbies or those wishing to change/renovate some ideas.

You all have seen my cage, but I will add it anyway.

Buttercup - March 2007 - August 2008
Toffee - June 2007 - December 2010

~Ash~

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#1 [url]

May 20 08 11:43 AM

Thats a great idea Ash - I am currently ooohhing and aaaahhhhing over your's right now!!! hee hee....
Mine are hutches so not that exciting really, the home made ones are awesome... I will find some pics of my hutches but am working on my new Cavy Condo apartments..
Alina

Quote    Reply   

pigsforlife

#2 [url]

May 20 08 11:49 AM

You should do some before and after pictures! I can't wait to see the new set-up!

~Ash~

Quote    Reply   

#3 [url]

May 20 08 11:55 AM

This is a pic of one of my converted lawn hutches, I bought it off petlink a few months ago and converted it by putting corflute on the bottom - the pic isnt that exciting really, a lot of the size has been cut out of the pic - the bedding area is much bigger and the width is also bigger than what you see....and of course modelling for us tonight is 'Lollipop'.....this cage is very strong - has been completely welded together and has been made fantastic - my sows are in this hutch and they absolutely adore it - always popcorning and jumping around.
Alina

http://img219.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dsc02959sc4.jpg

Quote    Reply   

pigsforlife

#4 [url]

May 20 08 11:59 AM

Woah, it is hard to tell how long it is but that looks massive! How many sows do you have in there? Thats fantastic Alina!

~Ash~

Quote    Reply   

#5 [url]

May 20 08 12:17 PM

Hey Ash, well - they are over their quoter.... but I have 5 in there believe it or not. I only had 3 in their originally, Blackberry and her daughter and Lulu the Binkie and Lulu are still really little as they were only born in Feb. I had Lollipop in a quarantined hutch as she had suspect fungal ears when I adopted her - she has only been introduced to this hutch for about 3 weeks - and they all get on great...but then I added little Jemima on the weekend and they are all really good to her as well (very suprising) so I am going to keep them all together and I am not too concerned that there is 5 in there, 3 of them are very small and the other 2 are not big either - plus their new apartment will be just under 2 metres long aprox 70cm wide with levels - and I cant wait for them to have more room - will be exciting to see!!! My only other sow is Snowbell but she is still in quarantine - I dont think she will ever come out of it either.
I am looking forward to losing all of the hutches every where and having one big shelved one - like storage lol
Alina

Quote    Reply   

pigsforlife

#6 [url]

May 20 08 12:19 PM

You have me confused, lol (dont worry, it happens easily!). What do you mean they are over their quota? You mean that there are too many for the cage size? How big is the cage?

~Ash~

Quote    Reply   

#7 [url]

May 20 08 12:25 PM

boy you answer quick lol - yes I mean that I prob shouldnt have 5 in there, I cant remember how many girls to how much area?? - um, I dont even know how big it is - maybe a further 30 cms plus to the length that you cant see in the sleeping area and add another 20cm to the width?? hhhmmm its about 5 or 6 c&c grids length and about 3 wide - I think??
I converted a table with c&c grids for my boys which is about 4 grids length and 2 wide and the girls hutch is much much bigger - I measured it when I was buying it but cant remember now...it was a bargain $70.
Alina

Quote    Reply   

pigsforlife

#8 [url]

May 20 08 12:28 PM

Well if thats the case it is more than big enough for 5 girls. Talking C&C, 5 girls are happy in a 2x6 (or 72cmx216cm)!

~Ash~

Quote    Reply   

#9 [url]

May 20 08 12:32 PM

They are definately happy, I have only had them in this hutch for just over a month and less for the new ones added but they just jump around everywhere. I judge also by their body weight, if they are continuing to gain then they are also happy..
Alina

Quote    Reply   

kylie

#10 [url]

May 20 08 9:01 PM

Here is mine (a covervted dog carrier on wheels, which I put two levels into). There is also a pic of the balcony the girls have all to themselves (they get to run around every few days depending on the weather). We have another balcony to ourselves off the bedroom!

Link to the balcony pic:

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=375807&l=bbd91&id=707421972

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#12 [url]

May 20 08 9:38 PM

Cool set ups... Kylie im loving the converted dog crate .. Ive looked at these a few times on Ebay and almost been tempted to buy a few but for my bird rescues, ive seen a few that you can get that neatly and safely stack up on each other or are already double compartmented.. niffty idea..

Ash .. smitten Purple fleece ... How could any piggy not LOVE that!! looks so soft and warm..

Alina your cage looks awsome.. stacks of room for them all ..way to go ^^

I dont have any recent pics of my boys setup outside but ill try and get motivated today and take a few (maybe lol) motivation is something i seem to be lacking today.. Also i have a funeral that i may possibly be attending although i really dont want too (although i do).. arghh hard to explain..

image ~*Una*~ image image

Quote    Reply   

#14 [url]

May 20 08 10:23 PM

LMAO LMAO BOY BAGS heheeee. thanks i actually needed that.. my day just seems to be getting worse and worse.. Although im going to go and raid mums garden this morning so that will be fun..

image ~*Una*~ image image

Quote    Reply   

simone

#16 [url]

May 27 08 5:10 AM

one of my girls cages, it's got 2 levels
imageimage

the outside runs, for on a nice day/ and rabbits have these also
our play pen

these are temporary until i get my big luxury timber/C&C cages done.
I change the C&C cages so often so they are different evry other week,haha

~ Eureka Cavies ACS Ballarat~

Quote    Reply   

simone

#18 [url]

May 27 08 5:58 AM

that Gp is Smokey from ACS with Gandalf the white one, I fell in love with these instantly, I wanted smokey for ages and after i flew up to brisbane and visited Jess it was only like a week or so I emailed Jess and had him and Gandalf sent to me by plane, I just adoore them.
I have now 9 girls , 4 of which are Andre's(Simpsons) girls that I have now adopted into my family and 1 off another forum member, with the others rescued) they are in 2 cages, and 11 boys(most adopted or rescued myself) with 2 per cage,
we play with 2 boys at a time in the play run and all the girls together.

Quote    Reply   

#19 [url]

May 27 08 7:12 AM

Fabulous set-ups Simone , everything a piggie could ask for and more.

I noticed some familiar faces, he hee. R2D2 showing us her bum by the tunnel and beanie hat and C-3PO as ever sitting in the dried feed, he hee that made me laugh, C-3PO is ALWAYS eating!! Also could see sweetie Allie.

Yes Gandalf and Smokey are cute are'nt they Alina.

Can't wait to see your new set-ups in a few weeks Alina and Simone.

Quote    Reply   

simone

#20 [url]

May 27 08 7:27 AM

thanks Andre'
I will send some other photos of them through to you tomorrow, I found the cable that i thought i'd lost to my phone.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help