Apr 27 08 4:17 AM

Tags : :

Vet Surgeries across Australia that stock these:

http://www.oxbowaustralia.com/Retail%20Locations.htm

Info about Critical Care:

http://www.oxbowaustralia.com/critical_care.htm

Info about Oxbow foods:

http://www.oxbowaustralia.com/oxbowotheritems.htm

“Nothing is so strong as gentleness, nothing so gentle as real strength” - St Francis de Sales

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

pigsforlife

#1 [url]

Apr 27 08 4:26 AM

Also can be purchased online (ebay). I *think* you can also email Jennifer and order products that way.

Buttercup - March 2007 - August 2008
Toffee - June 2007 - December 2010

~Ash~

Quote    Reply   

#2 [url]

Apr 27 08 6:57 AM

I think If you are going to use critial care for the first time you should also have a consulation with a vet before hand to make sure
a. you know what you are doing and
b. to make sure there is nothing else wrong with your piggy.

Quote    Reply   

pigsforlife

#3 [url]

Apr 27 08 7:23 AM

I agree Frances.

Critical Care is something that is good to have on hand at all times. Something to use to keep the pig going until you can see a vet, and then again afterwards until no longer needed.

Buttercup - March 2007 - August 2008
Toffee - June 2007 - December 2010

~Ash~

Quote    Reply   

#4 [url]

Jul 19 08 3:31 PM

You know the ACS shelters should start selling Oxbow. It would generate some profit which can be put towards covering your costs, and get these awesome products out to people who are adopting. If we start them on the right stuff, they wont end up balking when they have to change from $3.00 pellets to $20.00 pellets you know?

Quote    Reply   

#5 [url]

Aug 26 10 2:35 AM

Oxbow

I have been using Oxbow for a while now and have recently been directed to Vetafarm which is an Australian product. You can view film clips of how to care for you critters on youtube. I have been buying thier Fescue hay/guinea pig pellets and also have some crittacare for emeregencies. Dougal loves the hay and pellets but his all time favourite is the Oxbow Orchard grass! Something I didn't realise is that when Oxbow products are imported they are irradiated. So I need to find out if that takes out the goodness from the pellets and hay/grasses.

Nicole :-)

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#6 [url]

Aug 26 10 5:19 AM

Re: Oxbow

nicolemachele wrote:
I have been using Oxbow for a while now and have recently been directed to Vetafarm which is an Australian product. You can view film clips of how to care for you critters on youtube. I have been buying thier Fescue hay/guinea pig pellets and also have some crittacare for emeregencies. Dougal loves the hay and pellets but his all time favourite is the Oxbow Orchard grass! Something I didn't realise is that when Oxbow products are imported they are irradiated. So I need to find out if that takes out the goodness from the pellets and hay/grasses.

Nicole :-)

i have used Vetafarm,when i used it i noticed a huge difference, my pigs became chubby and lacked energy and weren't as vibrant looking, i also tried the rat pellets with my ratties once and they were full of colours and artificial flavours, they looked and smelt like fluro popcorn.
\i switched straight to Oxbow and have been happy ever since, i hope vetafarm has improved since i used it last year

Bonnie, mum to
~many beautiful rescued piggies,dogs,cats and ratties~

Quote    Reply   

#7 [url]

Aug 26 10 6:25 AM

Good to know. Thanks Bonnie. :-) I do love what I read about Oxbow and thier products look fresh and green. The Vetafarm pellets are brown and look like allbran! I will do some more research. If anyone else has any experiences with both products I would love to hear what you think....

Nicole

Quote    Reply   

#8 [url]

Sep 12 10 12:28 PM

The vetafarm fescue is great for pigs (although the information on their website is wrong - they recommend lucerne for all guinea pigs) but the pellets are sub-par.

Quote    Reply   

#9 [url]

Sep 12 10 1:10 PM

I was using the vetafarm fescue bale (for emergencies when i couldn't get some from jess/mel), the pigs loved it, but the petcafe i was getting it from stopped, it was quite expensive where I was about $12 I now use Peter's Pasture Hay for back up, it fills my container up, and has more hay for the price you pay, plus you can find it in a lot of woolies and big w stores, so commonly found.

imageimage .....Ange Loves her boys Sigley (RIP), Pep, Seb and Seth..... imageimage
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Quote    Reply   

simone

#10 [url]

Sep 12 10 1:14 PM

Oxbow CC also now at Ballarat - Eastwood Street vets, they are also open to get in any products you wish to need, they usually will get in anything I ask if they can find it they usually stock all the stuff i need on their shelves so it's there when i need it, lovely people there.

~ Eureka Cavies ACS Ballarat~

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help