Remove this ad

Lead

Mar 10 08 5:45 PM

Tags : :

Ahh, please don't slaughter me for the suggestion or because I haven't built up enough brownie points yet, but I've just had to eagerly await account activation for a week. I understand completely that people, especially Jess, have better things to do than check the computer regularly, but it might be worth looking at disabling the requirement for admins to activate accounts, or giving other moderators that privilege as well so the task is shared. I know that you might have reasons for this but I thought I would bring it up anyway, in case something could be done to lessen the wait.

Sleep now my forever beautiful Bella....I love you and miss you....

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#1 [url]

Sep 14 08 12:31 PM

H their,

I actually really appreciate your post here. Their are several admin and here's a whinge from jess lol I notice that I seem to be the only person ever activating accounts. I went back through the list and 14 had not been activated over the past week nor welcome messages sent out to new members...hence why we've just had so many people join today.

Admin will discuss this asap and work something out. I'm incredibly busy lately and try to activate as many as I can but just can't keep up.

We may discuss having an admin specifically assigned to activating new member accounts etc. Maybe a new admin altogether for this particular job.

thanks for your suggestion it'll definitely be checked into.

jess

Quote    Reply   

#4 [url]

Jan 7 09 12:34 PM

I don't mean to be rude but I realise you say that the problem has been solved, but I still waited a week before my account got activated as well. Just like idleclockwork, I also realise you guys have a life and some of you are busy but I was expecting maybe 3 days to wait, just a heads up letting you know what other people might be expecting as well. Once again, I don't mean to be rude.

Quote    Reply   

#5 [url]

Jan 7 09 1:34 PM

Just in defence, December was a super crazy month for all of our shelters (on top of the fact that we all have families and were trying to rush in between to sort out Christmas stuff etc).. all of us were terribly stressed out, maxed out and little things like computer stuff believe me is far from our minds.
Generally admin is on the ball and people dont wait (I was activated the same hour) but just lately with so many overwhelming stresses, numbers,deadlines etc- things have been a little slower as expected.

Quote    Reply   

#6 [url]

Jan 8 09 12:32 AM

Yeah admin have been working hard at this problem and 90% of new members if not all are now given access within a few hours of signing up. A couple of our staff members have really jumped up on this but they were having a break over christmas hence why a few may have taken longer during that period.

Quote    Reply   

#7 [url]

Jan 8 09 12:43 AM

Blackberry wrote:
Just in defence, December was a super crazy month for all of our shelters (on top of the fact that we all have families and were trying to rush in between to sort out Christmas stuff etc).. all of us were terribly stressed out, maxed out and little things like computer stuff believe me is far from our minds.
Generally admin is on the ball and people dont wait (I was activated the same hour) but just lately with so many overwhelming stresses, numbers,deadlines etc- things have been a little slower as expected.

Ahh true, I didn't think about that. Sorry. Just a suggestion what if you had a person that doesn't volunteer at any ACS shelters to activate accounts only??

Quote    Reply   

#8 [url]

Jan 8 09 12:47 AM

I am the one who activate the accounts most of the time, well since I became admin. And I took a break for about 2 weeks. Im sorry if you had to wait but yeah, I needed the break and only came every now and then online to activate accounts

I promis to be good now lol

....xx*Kristjana*xx....

Quote    Reply   

#9 [url]

Jan 8 09 12:50 AM

Please remember though as much as it would be nice to have the forums "manned" 24hrs a day it just can't be, there's always times when there is no admin online. Especially over holiday periods as already mentioned. We try our best with activating but we aren't infalable

Mara

Sleep now my forever beautiful Bella....I love you and miss you....

Quote    Reply   

#10 [url]

Jan 10 09 6:44 AM

Is it ok if I make some 'Support the ACS' banners for people to use on their websites?? I'll probably use the picture of the mascot, if that's ok with you guys?

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#11 [url]

Jan 10 09 10:21 AM

hi merey,

sound slike a nice idea if you do use the logo or any ACS Pics could you just send them to one of the ACS Messageboard admins so we can check it over before use.

jess

Quote    Reply   

#12 [url]

Jan 11 09 10:04 AM

Yea of course. Don't want to giving out the wrong idea. Who did you want me to send it to?? I've already made the first one. Just for future images, which font did you use for the logo, or which font would you prefer me to use?

Quote    Reply   

PansyGirl

#13 [url]

Jan 11 09 10:08 AM

You can send it to me if you like, Meredith

The logo font is 'Croobie'.

Jeni

“Nothing is so strong as gentleness, nothing so gentle as real strength” - St Francis de Sales

Quote    Reply   

#14 [url]

Jan 11 09 10:25 AM

Actually yeah Meredith i know you've been showing me and talking to me about this but Jeni is awesome at checking things over she's our secretary/graphics/spellchecker lol....definitely email them to Jeni aswell.

Quote    Reply   

#15 [url]

Jan 30 09 11:11 PM

More pictures?

What about adding pictures to the pig care stickies? An example would be those on the 'What's on the menu' forum - perhaps the list of plants could be updated and pictures of poisonous/safe plants could be added to the original post.

There could also be a sticky showing pictures of "good"/"bad" mix (or even the different ingredients that should or should not be in mix), and the different kinds of hay.

There's already lots of threads about these things, but I haven't seen any pictures as yet, which I think would be more helpful than pages and pages of text and would be fairly straightforward for admin to organise, although I am aware that admin must be very busy.

ETA: A visual colour guide along with the breeds guide on the website would be particularly helpful as well, and perhaps this could be appended to the 'What breed/colour is my guinea pig' sticky.

Quote    Reply   

#17 [url]

Mar 18 09 3:20 AM

As quite an off topic 'suggestion for the forum': It is not appropriate to use text-speak (on any medium other than a mobile phone).

I'm not attacking anyone - it's just a request to limit it ('lol' and such are fine).

Quote    Reply   

#20 [url]

Mar 19 09 9:41 AM

Hehe my mother in law uses text speak that she invents herself and I can never read her sms!

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help