Remove this ad

#121 [url]

Aug 14 10 6:56 AM

I just got enough cubes for a 2x4 for about $37 (had to buy an extra pack for extra connectors) from Bunnings in Eltham, and got a sheet of corflute (3mm, 122x183cm) from Versatile Design in Bundoora for $17.60. Versatile Design was great, really helpful and very fast at getting back to me. When I called in to order a sheet, they delivered it to me within half an hour.

Bunnings Warehouse in Eltham, VIC:
Address: Cnr Bridge & Silver St, Eltham 3095, Victoria
Phone: (03) 9430 0100

Versatile Design in Bundoora, VIC:
Address: Unit 2, 49-51 Clements Ave, Bundoora 3083, Victoria
Contact Person: Daniel Webster
Phone: (03) 9467 3411
General Enquiries: [email protected]

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#122 [url]

Aug 23 10 11:54 PM

I was unwell thru the night, awake from 2am, what better is there to do than read up on C&C cages LOL. Ive never made one so very new to this, so now have a little bit of confidence I know what Im doing haha. So, this morning once the kids were all at school I took a drive to Bunnings, Capalaba. I was looking at the grids, you could get 5 for $13 or 12 for $25 (the ones for $25 are rubbermaide brand) so tomorrow will be getting 2 packs of the rubbermaide brand to make my very first C&C cage!) I also picked up some corflex (its quite thin but will do to get started) have an idea of a plan Id like to use. Also got some cos lettuce seedlings for my piggie garden and plastic pots! Its all very exciting, so now will have parsley (my girls LOVE parsley!!! always the first thing they eat and gone in a snap! can a guinea pig have TOO much of a good thing?) corn and cos lettuces. Ive ordered some endive which should arrive in the store by next Tuesday yay. Just a bugger I rent and can only plant in pots...but will take what I can get

Higgipiggi

Quote    Reply   

#123 [url]

Sep 22 10 5:17 AM

Sup guys,

Couldn't find any posts about where to buy supplies for C&C cages in Adelaide so I went on a hunt.

Marion Bunnings sells cubes in packs of 5 for $12.50, heaps in stock at the moment. I bought 4.

As far as Corflute I went to Acrillix Plastics at: 94 Welland Ave
Welland SA 5007.

I bought a 5mm piece which is about 2.5m by 1.5m. Ample board for any size cage. It's enormous. Cost $25.00.

Hope this can help somebody.

Quote    Reply   

#124 [url]

Dec 7 10 10:13 AM

Does anyone know of a corflute supplier in Wollongong?

My usual reliable source Mr Ply and Wood in Unanderra has closed down permanently. Occasionally I have got it via the Hardware man chain, but they are v frustrating since half the staff don't know what it is and make something up, and the computers show it being in stock always at one of the other stores, but when you go there they swear they haven't got any (wasted half a day driving round The Gong, between the 3 stores with this lot, again...grrrr).

Will start phoning sign makers to see if I can get blanks, but just wondered if anyone knew

thanks

KT

Quote    Reply   

#125 [url]

Dec 7 10 10:40 AM

ksturner wrote:
Does anyone know of a corflute supplier in Wollongong?

My usual reliable source Mr Ply and Wood in Unanderra has closed down permanently. Occasionally I have got it via the Hardware man chain, but they are v frustrating since half the staff don't know what it is and make something up, and the computers show it being in stock always at one of the other stores, but when you go there they swear they haven't got any (wasted half a day driving round The Gong, between the 3 stores with this lot, again...grrrr).

Will start phoning sign makers to see if I can get blanks, but just wondered if anyone knew

thanks

KT

Bunnings occasionally have it for free, sign makers are a sure bet but i usually pay between $30 and $40 for a sheet that makes a 2 x 5 so its rather expensive.
other than that i could probably get tony to drop you some from the truck but the stuff he uses is way to thick to score or cut and the stuff i get from my stepdad is a touch to thin, id go with the signwriters if you arent building to many

Bonnie, mum to
~many beautiful rescued piggies,dogs,cats and ratties~

Quote    Reply   

#126 [url]

Dec 7 10 10:54 AM

Thanks for the offer Bonnie, I surely will locate some from a sign place if get on the phone. ( although as you say it might be a bit pricey.) Our Bunnings has never had any, have asked lots but never got any joy.

Nooooooo, I'm not building tooo many LOLOL! Like a redesign of one big enclosure to put a second level in. The boys are occupying my Xmas tree site, so i have to get moving!

KT

Quote    Reply   

#127 [url]

Dec 7 10 12:31 PM

Kt if you go into your bunnings store they can actually have it brought up from another store. I work for bunnings and reside in Nowra and know that we have some. Iam very lucky as my neighbour works for a real estate so he gets me some for the piggies

Quote    Reply   

#128 [url]

Dec 7 10 8:58 PM

I got my corflute from Brisbane flute supplies. They delivered the next day! I failed to mention on the phone that it was for guinea pigs so I was charged the full price. The delivery driver was really nice and had 2 guinea pigs when he was a kid. He said next time to mention on the phone that it is for guinea pigs and you can get off cuts that are cheaper but I'm not sure if delivery would be any cheaper. I paid $30 for delivery but I didn't want to drive all the way to Sailsbury because I live on the North side and it wouldn't have fit in the car because I bought the !.8 x 1.2 size. So to get better value out of the delivery - I ordered two!

Bunnings at Stafford have C&C grids in stock.

Quote    Reply   

#129 [url]

Dec 8 10 2:19 AM

Gee all I did to get corflute was make a list of the local sign shops (printed from yellow pages online) and went and visited. The first one gave me all I needed for free. I even went back a second time and they gave me more for free.

I've seen the corflute at bunnings, it's in the garden section, but further down from the plants, it's between shelving in the outdoors area. It is yucky, dirty and very thin. Nothing at all like nice thick white corflute from a sign shop.

Quote    Reply   

#130 [url]

Dec 8 10 10:57 AM

thanks everyone, will see if bunning will oblige, thanks for the tip Lisa and if not do the sign makers.

KT

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#131 [url]

Dec 21 10 5:44 AM

I picked up grids (5 in a pack with connectors) at Bunnings Toowoomba today for $12.95 a pack.

My piggies are loving having a 3rd enclosure to run around in. lol They have their outside hutch, an inside cage on wheels and now this! lol

Quote    Reply   

#133 [url]

Feb 9 11 10:25 PM

If anyone lives near acacia ridge i think the company is ABC signs or something they always have big offcuts and they generally dont cost anything a guy thinks lol. the number is 1800 633 998.

April :)
4 girl piggies- Mary, Stella, Peggy & Sasha
RIP my little darlings Daphne & Lucy :( May there be lots of foods in piggie heaven.
7 mice- Caramel, Chocolate, Lamington, Butterscotch, Creamie & Jaffa & Patches
2 ratties- Sunflower & Lilly

Quote    Reply   

#135 [url]

Apr 10 11 12:34 AM

We live near mackay in Qld the only place we found cubes was at Bunnings, the first ones we bought were excellent really thick powder coated steel, when we went back a month or so later the only ones they had were a light weight plastic coated steel a fraction smaller, definately not the same quality

We could not get corflute any where for a good price but contacted a sign writer direct and they sold us a massive piece for $50 white only. But that was still alot cheaper then having it delivered, brisbane had the same size piece for $10 but $60 delivery fee for us, so still saved $$$

Quote    Reply   

#136 [url]

May 17 11 9:08 AM

Hi,
Didn't think starting a new thread was worth it for just one question, so i will just post here
Anyway, you know the cubes you can buy from Bunnings, that is the white plastic coated ones selling for $12. 49 (that was last week anyway.) How many come in the pack? i not sure if im get mislead or not but there are 3 cubes on the packet so does it include enough of the panels for 3 cubes or not? also i think they were IBEX brand.
Thanks in Advance,
Piggycarer97

Happy owner of 2 wonderful piggies

Quote    Reply   

#139 [url]

May 17 11 9:31 AM

Ok, thank you. lol i will need alot more than fifteen because i was going to make a 2x4 bottom, 2x2 second-level plus grids to be the base of the second floor, and to hold it up as well as a bent one for the ramp.
haha thats why im trying to find them cheap and in bulk. Has anyone ever seen them at The Warehouse, Reject Shop etc.? Hmm even better in, a qld store?

Quote    Reply   

pigsforlife

#140 [url]

May 17 11 9:38 AM

I've only ever seen them in Bunnings. Sadly, they always seem to be quite expensive. Although I used to be able to get 5 grids for $8 (granted it was a few years ago!!). 5 grids for $12.50 seems like a rip-off!

Buttercup - March 2007 - August 2008
Toffee - June 2007 - December 2010

~Ash~

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help