Remove this ad

#101 [url]

Apr 6 10 9:47 AM

Kai not sure but if you're up for a short drive look up SIGN ESSENTIALS on google. They sell loads of different coloured corflute and all very cheap in price ($10-$12 for 2m long sheets but they also sell smaller ones). Just ask for the 3mm thick corflute sadly the high mm ones may be too hard to cut/bend.

Jess

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#106 [url]

Apr 6 10 11:43 AM

Umm ok for the cage you've made you'll need to buy one of their 1.8m long x 1.2m wide sheets of corflute (or closest to this) for the bottom base and maybe just a 90cm long sheet for the top level? The reason for the longer length e.g. you have a 4 x 2 c&c so the length of the base is about 1.4m long yeah? and then the side barriers (if you make these ofr the sides) are usually between 10-15cm high x 2 (one on each end of the sheet) = about 1.60cm length you'll need. LOL does this make any sense? hope so. I guess what I'm suggesting is to go for 1.8m or closest to this minimum for the base of the cage. Hope this helps. The corflute can roll up to fit in the car to.

Jess

Quote    Reply   

#107 [url]

Apr 6 10 11:54 AM

Awesome thanks i didn't wanna like measure it wrong and thought you would probably know off by heart thanks Ill have to write it down lol and awsome that it can just roll up

Quote    Reply   

#108 [url]

Apr 16 10 1:21 AM

Hi everyone,

I checked out my local Bunnings today, they have the white cubes for $12.98 pack of 5 with connectors. Is that the best deal I am going to get? I checked reject shop but they didn't have any.

Just wondering if anyone has still seen the bigger packs you get at the Reject shop around or if they don't do them anymore?

I saw some corflute on the pallets for the tiles too, going to try and snavel some of that instead of paying $19 for a 1.2m sheet at the sign shop! I should be able to stick them together to make it long enough hey?

Quote    Reply   

#109 [url]

Jun 15 10 12:12 PM

I bought all my cubes from Bunnings, Narre warren, and Morwell in VIC.
It was about $12.95 for 5 grids...A little expensive but owell lol.

I got my Corflute from Australian Visual Solutions in Dandenong South, VIC. (Type it in google, easily found).
It was $16 per 6x4 sheet, it is 3mm thick and they have blue, black, green and yellow (No red )

I hope that helped some victorians!

♥☠♥ღ♥☠♥ღ♥-Ingie-♥ღ♥☠♥ღ♥☠♥

Ruby Rattery, Boarding, Rescue and Adoptions.

http://ww.rubyrattery.webs.com

Gippsland Rodent Fanciers Society

http://www.gipprfs.weebly.com

Quote    Reply   

#110 [url]

Jun 16 10 5:36 AM

the cubes here are $15 for a pack of 5 at bunnings so i think our prices are fairly good, i have looked in all sorts of discount stores but never found anything that resembles grids

Bonnie, mum to
~many beautiful rescued piggies,dogs,cats and ratties~

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#111 [url]

Jun 16 10 6:17 AM

The Bunnings in Marybyrnong, Sunshine and Coburg in Vic swear up and down they've never heard of such a thing! But The one in Altona says they have them so Hubby and I will venture off this evening to see if this is true and will let you guys know when we return!

Quote    Reply   

#112 [url]

Jun 16 10 8:01 AM

With the prices of the grids at Bunnings these days it's cheaper to purchase them off dealsdirect :/

My Current Babies: Emma + Fizzy (aka Fizz-Wizz)
My Angel Pigs: Charlie, Caramel, Josef, Josephine + Frank
My Angel Mice: Megann, Merryll, Alyssa, Carmen, Hermione, Eryn + Samantha
My Angel Pups: Wilbur

Quote    Reply   

pigsforlife

#113 [url]

Jun 16 10 9:56 AM

Grid prices are crazy! $13 for 5 grids from the Bunnings near me. It is a rip off! I used to be able to get them for $8.

Buttercup - March 2007 - August 2008
Toffee - June 2007 - December 2010

~Ash~

Quote    Reply   

#114 [url]

Jun 16 10 3:13 PM

They probably only cost about $1 to make each...Just a bit of metal and powder coating lol.
It cost me about $150+ to make my cage...>.>

Quote    Reply   

#115 [url]

Jun 17 10 5:55 AM

Alright, Bunnings in Altona, VIC has grids in packs of 5 for $12.98 each. I bought 5 packs and there were still about 20 left, they said something along the lines of 'we get them when we get them' as well. They're in aisle 32
I'm now off to bunnings in Sunshine which say they have sheets of corflute, but we'll see about that. (Half the people I talk to don't even know what it is..ugh)

Quote    Reply   

#116 [url]

Jun 17 10 9:00 AM

Ashley: Most bunnings around the city do stock corflute...BUT it is in small sizes...Too small to make cages out of :S.
If you want big enough sheets you are going to have to find a sign place or something. Like I mentioned I got mine from Dandenong if you can get down that way. You will also need a ute/trailer/van to transport them as you can't bend them or they will wreck.

Quote    Reply   

pigsforlife

#117 [url]

Jun 17 10 10:05 AM

We sort of bent our corflute so that it slotted into the back of our car. If it was done properly there would have been no creases, but the man tried to force it so it did crease. It was still useable though, didn't really wreck it.

Buttercup - March 2007 - August 2008
Toffee - June 2007 - December 2010

~Ash~

Quote    Reply   

#120 [url]

Jul 26 10 5:04 AM

Re: Corflute

Emmy-rose wrote:
Hi! Does anyone know where to get corflute in the outer eastern suburbs of Melbourne? Thanks.

I just got my boyfriend(truck driver) to grab some from a company in dandenong when he was at work, i think it was called correx(???)
we get it for free from there,

otherwise you can go to a signwriters and buy it for between $20-$40 a sheet.

Bonnie, mum to
~many beautiful rescued piggies,dogs,cats and ratties~

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help