Remove this ad

Lead

Jan 2 13 6:28 AM

Tags : :

So 3 of my girls have mites. One of my piggies to the extent that she has self inflicted wounds I spray them with mite and lice spray every 2 months and spray out their cages with it regularly too.

Is there something more I could be doing or a more effective spray that would work better for them?

I have a vet apt for my 2 other girls on monday so will definately ask the vet about my other 3 but am not sure it can wait that long as its still 4-5 days away and it seems to be getting worse...

help!
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#1 [url]

Jan 3 13 1:39 AM

For one, the 'mite and lice spray' is completely useless, except for lining a bin.

Go to your local pet store and get the 'kitten and puppy Revolution' Put a little drop behind each ear. Repeat treatment every 7 days, totalling in 3 treatments.

My Current Babies: Emma + Fizzy (aka Fizz-Wizz)
My Angel Pigs: Charlie, Caramel, Josef, Josephine + Frank
My Angel Mice: Megann, Merryll, Alyssa, Carmen, Hermione, Eryn + Samantha
My Angel Pups: Wilbur

Quote    Reply   

#3 [url]

Jan 4 13 12:53 AM

its ok. my vet called me out of the blue this morning and so i spoke to her about it. she is going to treat them on monday when i see her with ivomec.

thanks for all your help!

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

chuffnut

#4 [url]

Jan 4 13 9:30 AM

You might want to treat piggies against fungal as well - there is a lot of it going around this season, so always worth a preventative teatment against it. About a week after the Ivomec treatment, bath piggies using Malaseb shampoo.
Good luck with clearing up the itchies!

-=[[ Lynlee ]]=-
There are 1000's of homeless guinea pigs in rescue shelters all across Australia that NEED YOU!!

Quote    Reply   

chuffnut

#6 [url]

Jan 5 13 12:28 PM

some vets and stock feeds carry it, but I buy mine online.

-=[[ Lynlee ]]=-
There are 1000's of homeless guinea pigs in rescue shelters all across Australia that NEED YOU!!

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help