Remove this ad

Lead

Jul 17 12 11:07 PM

Tags : :

3 of my guinea pigs are around 800 g except one. She lost some weight after having a cyst on her chin now she is around 650g. I feed them oxbows but I wondering is there anything that can help her gain some weight for winter
Thanks

[colour=red]guinea pigs are part of the family, so i will love them no matter what <3[/colour]

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

chuffnut

#1 [url]

Jul 23 12 10:03 PM

Sweet corn on the cob - but only a couple of times a week because it is high sugar and low fibre. My sick piggies also get oatmeal/porridge which fattens them up a bit too!

-=[[ Lynlee ]]=-
There are 1000's of homeless guinea pigs in rescue shelters all across Australia that NEED YOU!!

Quote    Reply   

#2 [url]

Aug 19 12 3:22 PM

I nwas going to say porridge oats but same as Lynlee mentioned re the corn, only a couple of times a week and in small amounts.

Grass often can help piggies gain weight but just don't overfeed all at once if the piggies aren't used to having it regularly as could cause an upset tummy so introduce gradually.

Jess

Quote    Reply   

#3 [url]

Aug 26 12 9:08 AM

thanks i couple of days ago i weighed her as i do evry week and she is now 900g :O she has gained 200 in a week

[colour=red]guinea pigs are part of the family, so i will love them no matter what <3[/colour]

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help