Remove this ad

Lead

Jul 13 12 7:32 AM

Tags : :

It's been a while since we finished it but I thought i'd post these pics up of the girls new outdoor semi free range digs. It's in the same area but is more enclosed than before and safer so the can stay out there at night now.
The box was something I came across by accident when my dad and I were out buying irn for something else and dropping of old analog tv's to be recycled in town. Anyway, we came across som boxes that were the perfect size for a guyinea pigs sleeping box for a number of pigs so I asked if I could have one and they said they would get me a new one from inside as these ones were water damaged from the rain. we took it home and started work on it-
This is just after dad cut hole in the front and sides for windows and doors in the front, notice one door is a bit larger than the other, this is the fatty door for the more robust girls in the gang.
This nest one is with the door slots added and a ramp which cover s both doors at once
This one of the box with it's actual lid on the deck like platform.
Putting on the insulation foil and the paint, also the windows have mess on them.
The finished box under the shelter we made with accessories for keeping my pigguns happy.
The girls eating in the kitchen area, the coverings on top of the box are draped over the front at night, 1 door gets closed and 1 stays open and they keep nice and toasty warm on cold night with lots of hay to snuggle into.
This 1 jjust shows the other wooden hidey, the girls spend most of their time under the shelter or in the box.
The lounge is pretty much the same as before only the girls can step straight into it from under the shelter even when the front of the shelter is covered up by a thick tarp, I just pop a couple of bricks under it so the girls can duck in and out during the day time.
This shows the front of the shelter, it shows the tarp that is on the shelter which gets pulled down for the evenings and bricked in, it helps keep the cold air out and anything else that might wanna sneak in like mice or snails. There are still lots of fun things to do during the day like running under hideys and through their tunnel. The pink thing is a laundry hamper but I use them for hay dispensers, I have another one inside in the pig room. Next to the shelter arte my 44's with hay and wood shavings in them. The side of the shelter has see through tinted tough perspex on it and it lets in lovely wormth from the mornig sun on winter mornings and nice light also.
This view showing the front of the lounge, the tarp gets pulled down over the front of it at night like the shelter and on cold days, so they can sit in there and stay snug in their fleecy beds. Dad helped me build it all the fence, the box and the shelter, well, he did the building and I helped him more like it. The only thing I want to do is put mesh up on the fence one day and I will also put mesh up over the front of the shelter so on summer night fresh air can get through, that will be a job fro Spring I think.
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help