Remove this ad

Lead

Apr 1 12 7:09 AM

Tags : :

I found a "Multi-Purpose Utility Tray" (edited - which I previously called a shoe tray) that I'm going to use for the kitchen area.

$2 from Sam's Warehouse from the shoe section*, which is quite a bargain I suppose.
*Sometimes in hardware section.

Size approx. 75x45cm (estimate only)
Lip height approx 2cm so easy to get into.

It's length is a tiny bit too long to fit the end of a 2 cube width cage, otherwise it'd look so much neater!

Anyone use a plastic tray for the kitchen, and how does it work out? Do I have to stick litter pellets in it?

For the fashion conscious, it's black and black only.
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#1 [url]

Apr 1 12 7:47 AM

Incidentally and completely unrelated to the topic, I had a huge, head-turning battle with a stick insect in my hair at Sam's Warehouse. Which turned out to be a stick.

Quote    Reply   

#3 [url]

Apr 1 12 9:31 AM

I came back to post more accurate dimensions.

In centimetres:
H 2
W 35
L 70

Can we skip on the pics if I describe it to you? It's black, thin plastic, matte, has 30 slightly raised curve patterns to channel liquids I guess (very unobtrusive).

Pics take rather long for me to do.

Quote    Reply   

chuffnut

#5 [url]

Apr 1 12 9:51 AM

sounds like something I've been chasing for ages but never found! Shame we don't have a sam's warehouse in Vic!

-=[[ Lynlee ]]=-
There are 1000's of homeless guinea pigs in rescue shelters all across Australia that NEED YOU!!

Quote    Reply   

#6 [url]

Apr 1 12 10:02 AM

We do, Sams Warehouse is in Airport West Chuffy. If you ever want anything from there, just holler. I'm there all the freakin time.

If I did have a pic/photo of the thing in question, I'd keep a lookout for you.

Allison
~ I could give up chocolate, but, hey, I am not a quitter! ~

Quote    Reply   

#7 [url]

Apr 1 12 10:06 AM

Sounds great, actually. You could put a thin layer of litter in it, and just tip it out when it gets soiled. Sam's Warehouse still sells the Dr. Harry kitty litter, which is expensive but I like it better than the Breeder's Choice litter pellets, which I find to be a bit hard on little piggy feet. I imagine just in a litter tray it wouldn't matter too much though. Sam's Warehouse has some great stuff in it for pets. I got a lovely ceramic bowl from the one at Cannon Hill (amongst other things) a few weeks ago. And some fleece.

You've got to watch out for those sticks though...

Jessica (& pigs).

Quote    Reply   

#8 [url]

Apr 1 12 11:42 AM

There's a Sam's Warehouse at Roxburgh Park Shopping Complex.

Also, I use regular kitty litter trays. You can fit two in a 2x cage. One goes left to right, the other up + down...they fit very snugly too.

My Current Babies: Emma + Fizzy (aka Fizz-Wizz)
My Angel Pigs: Charlie, Caramel, Josef, Josephine + Frank
My Angel Mice: Megann, Merryll, Alyssa, Carmen, Hermione, Eryn + Samantha
My Angel Pups: Wilbur

Quote    Reply   

chuffnut

#9 [url]

Apr 1 12 12:49 PM

LOL are you kidding? Didn't have them here a few years ago! Found one in Brissy a coupleof eyars ago and was pinged that Melb didn't have any...now they are here? Maybe I don't go to the right shopping complexes...hang on, I don't go to any complexes these days - no bleeding time!

-=[[ Lynlee ]]=-
There are 1000's of homeless guinea pigs in rescue shelters all across Australia that NEED YOU!!

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#10 [url]

Apr 2 12 12:15 AM

Yep, there's about a dozen of them in Vic now...

My Current Babies: Emma + Fizzy (aka Fizz-Wizz)
My Angel Pigs: Charlie, Caramel, Josef, Josephine + Frank
My Angel Mice: Megann, Merryll, Alyssa, Carmen, Hermione, Eryn + Samantha
My Angel Pups: Wilbur

Quote    Reply   

#12 [url]

Apr 6 12 11:00 AM

So good seeing everyone online last week. A bit like old times when this place was a lot more active. Too bad I was too exhausted to post.

I'll get the Dr. Harry litter tomorrow. Thanks for the tip, stray hares. I thought it would spill over the edge but after experimenting with food pellets, I'm sure it will be fine. It's okay without litter so far, but it may get hard to clean as stuff gets caked onto the plastic.

The other thing was since the tray is so shallow, I might one of these days get another so that I can line the cage corners with it (as in off the tray corners and soften the edge with a flame or sandpaper), as that's where they like to do their business. The piggies seem okay with walking on it as is.

I tried regular trays but didn't bother to cut a door into it, which might have worked better.

Quote    Reply   

#14 [url]

Apr 6 12 10:26 PM

Last time I went to Cannon Hill they had heaps of Dr. Harry's Litter, I hope it's something they regularly keep stocked, rather than just a one off.

It was pretty neat seeing so many people post. These forums have been pretty quiet for a while now...

Jessica (& pigs).

Quote    Reply   

#15 [url]

Apr 8 12 6:10 AM

The store I went to had the 15L bag but were out of the 6L. I took one look and was all, "I'm not carrying that [today]!"

So, try, try again this week! I'm probably just making excuses so that I can go back and check out their pet stuff again.

Come to think of it, litter is probably very light. I didn't even try to pick it up. 0_o I guess I was in a rush.

Quote    Reply   

#16 [url]

Apr 15 12 4:23 AM

Hey Wow I'm gonna go check these out to. Like you Lynlee I've been looking for something like this to hehe but in a better size than most avail. Awesome!!! We have Sam's just up the road yay!

Quote    Reply   

chuffnut

#17 [url]

Apr 15 12 10:06 PM

Yeh, its the size that interests me - are they rigid trays, I wonder? I want to make some suspended shelves in piggy cages - kinda like solid hammock - that I can put their cuddles and fleece blankets of, rather than sitting them on shavings.

-=[[ Lynlee ]]=-

Quote    Reply   

#18 [url]

Apr 20 12 10:25 AM

Yeah, they're quite rigid, though not as tough as litter trays. I think they will hold up nicely for a hammock, but they're quite big.

So I finally bought the litter yay! And it was very light. Silly me.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help