Remove this ad

#41 [url]

Dec 28 10 11:05 AM

Hey Jess, Lynlee.

I grow Lavender in my backyard Vege patch, Could I mix up a lavender liquid for treatments?

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#42 [url]

Dec 30 10 10:58 AM

I was just curious, I have a few scars from previous operations and I get told to use vitamin E cream. If your piggy has to go for an operation. What is the best cream to use? can you use Vitamin E cream on piggies? ... I honestly have no idea and was just thinking out aloud.

I have just got bandages, cotton buds, betadine, and cotton balls plus a few spray bottles for cleaning and the sprays that are used to treat other issues that piggies have, always good to have a few spare I guess.

Quote    Reply   

#43 [url]

Jan 14 11 2:27 PM

Okay, here is what I have got so far for my piggie first aid kit

Fido's Fre-itch concentrate
Malaseb
Critical Care
Suringes - (minus 1ml suringes which will get tomorrow)
Betadine (liquid and ointment)
Cotton buds
Cotton Balls
Normal Shampoo
Hand Gloves
Revolution
Vinegar
Aloe Vera Gel
Bandages
Surgical Tape
Alcohol Whipes
Hand sanitizer (2 bottles)

Will be getting tomorrow
- Infacol
- Ivomec
- More Critical Care
- More Revolution
- Nail Clippers
- Tweezers
- Ear Drops
- Eye Drops
- A good brush
- Hydralite
- Inner Health Plus
- Panalog (If Vet store will sell over the counter) Lynlee? Jess? would they do that for Panalog
- Colloidal Silver

I think that would get me a lot further in my piggie first aid kit!!!!

I now realise that from what I have dealt with today with Chocolate it is VITAL that I have a lot of the items listed above with me at all times.

Thank you too everyone who contributed too the first post. And others who have kept up the research to keep everything up to date.

Quote    Reply   

#46 [url]

Jan 14 11 3:28 PM

Thank you Jess, coming from you that does mean a hell of a lot too me, so I can give myself a nice soft gentle pack on the back.

I have been so involved in setting up my different sections from cleaning stuff to medical stuff, too towels and blankets.

I am going to go hunting for a big shelf from bunnings to put the boys cage up on so its off the ground then I can store the different groups in containers like Ash has done which is really nice and neat and tidy. Has anyone bought a wide long shelf for their piggies? I would need one that is about a metre wide by about 3 metres long.

Would anyone know where I would be able to find something like that? I was really hoping bunnings would have something. I am after timber not steal tho. or maybe Super A-Mart might have something???? I am just blabbering out different stores in my head.

Quote    Reply   

#47 [url]

Jan 26 11 1:13 PM

I am pleased too anounce that I have got about 1/2 of the top section of piggie first aid requirements. Plus a few of the other section.

This makes me feel so good inside, I have a human first aid kit, and my piggies have their own first aid kit, I feel so honoured too be able too do this incase of accidents or illness's that will arise.

In the near future I really hope to learn more from Rach/Donna and Jess about care and healthcare preventions for piggies too keep them healthy and happy

Quote    Reply   

#48 [url]

Feb 26 11 10:59 AM

Hey, just cause you know i just got the betadine... LOL =/ so do you use either revolution or ivomec, not both?

April :)
4 girl piggies- Mary, Stella, Peggy & Sasha
RIP my little darlings Daphne & Lucy :( May there be lots of foods in piggie heaven.
7 mice- Caramel, Chocolate, Lamington, Butterscotch, Creamie & Jaffa & Patches
2 ratties- Sunflower & Lilly

Quote    Reply   

#50 [url]

Feb 26 11 11:51 AM

Im gonna.. may wait a little while for Sasha as shes so tiny! As you would be if you just ate grass lol.

RIP my little darlings Daphne & Lucy :( May there be lots of foods in piggie heaven.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#52 [url]

Feb 26 11 12:13 PM

Awh im gonna upload some piccies now.. if it works.. so pre- apology cause i just know they will turn out huge.. oh how technology hates me.

Quote    Reply   

#53 [url]

Apr 26 11 7:08 AM

Hi, love the thread and I will definitely get a first aid kit together now that I know what I need.
What about Senega and Ammonia I have never used it; but Ive heard good things about it.

Quote    Reply   

#54 [url]

Aug 14 11 1:55 AM

As far as hay pokes, and Eye Drops go. To remove things from the eye Viscotears does a great job of helping you lubricate the eye, to help remove things as well as keeping the eye lubricated after a hay poke incident.

imageimage .....Ange Loves her boys Sigley (RIP), Pep, Seb and Seth..... imageimage
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Quote    Reply   

#55 [url]

Aug 14 11 2:21 AM

I also wanted to recommend LOTAGEN for bumblefoot and other minor wounds on piggies that may have dead skin/bacteria in them.

Rach trialled it (can only be bought at the vet I believe) on a long-term bumblefoot case piggy we had here and within under 2wks the bumble foot was cleared up! This was a year long case and nothing else worked so amazing results from this one product.

Jess

Quote    Reply   

chuffnut

#56 [url]

Aug 14 11 2:32 AM

Gawd, wish I'd known about that when Baby had her bumblefoot - it may have saved her from the antibiotics a bit.

-=[[ Lynlee ]]=-
There are 1000's of homeless guinea pigs in rescue shelters all across Australia that NEED YOU!!

Quote    Reply   

#57 [url]

Oct 30 11 9:00 AM

For bloat, can De-Gas be used?

Infacol contains 100mg/ml of simethicone. De-Gas contains 100mg of simethicone per capsule. I have Infacol for my first aid kit, but De-Gas is available at supermarkets and may be more available in an emergency, especially for those with access to 24 hour supermarkets (you lucky Melbourne and Sydney people).

Pic: http://www.onlinepharmacynz.com/images/products/644-434-De_Gas.jpg

Edit: Apparently, Infacol is available at supermarkets too!

Quote    Reply   

#58 [url]

Jan 17 12 9:37 AM

What a great list! I think I need to go shopping!
I use flower essences to cleanse Pepis aura and calm her if she seems stressed.......true!

Danielle, Pepi Chino Le Phew. RIP My Beverly and Lady Sarah

Quote    Reply   

#59 [url]

Jun 26 12 10:49 AM

This brand of saline for washing out eyes is the best so far for value -- it has smaller tubes but 20 in the box. Similar products have 10 or 15 for around the same price. I have gone through 2 or 3 boxes of the others which only had 10, but I'm still on my first box of these. Not at every chemist though.

http://www.myshopping.com.au/ZM--499311917_Eye_and_Ear_Care

P.S. I don't make my own because it's easier to squirt it out of a tube to remove hay or hair from the eye.

Quote    Reply   

#60 [url]

Jun 27 12 9:52 AM

Lemon and peppermint essential oils are good for URIs*, especially when breathed in with steam, and I found mine at the supermarket.

They smell much better than eucalyptus which I really dislike.

Olbas oil is another I've seen mentioned for use with URIs. "Olbas Oil contains a unique blend of six pure plant oils combining the essential oils of peppermint, eucalyptus, cajuput, clove, juniper berry and wintergreen with menthol (natural extract from the peppermint plant)." Though I'm not sure where I've seen it for sale.

Olbas Oil Active ingredients
* Formula (per ml)
* Eucalyptus Oil BP 0.2152ml Peppermint Oil BP 0.1693ml
* Cajuput Oil BPC 0.0478ml Turpentine Oil BP 0.0402ml
* Methyl Salicylate BP 0.0074ml Clove Oil BP 0.0040ml
http://www.melrosehealth.com.au/health_products/General_Wellbeing/Olbas_Oil_for_Congestion.aspx

I think I prefer lemon and peppermint which smells like a throat lozenge.

*To help breathing, but URIs definitely need vet care and antibiotics, for any newbies reading this.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help