Remove this ad

pigsforlife

Site Admin

Lead

Nov 30 10 12:48 AM

Tags : :

These are the guidelines that admin has agreed on. Hopefully they ease up any confusion.

- If you are under 18; you do not have PM priviledges
- If you are Breeding/Showing; you do not have PM priviledges.
- To be able to PM you have to be on the forum for 6 months and contribute regularly.
- There may be exceptions for those that volunteer regularly at ACS shelters or are foster carers.

Buttercup - March 2007 - August 2008
Toffee - June 2007 - December 2010

~Ash~

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

pigsforlife

#2 [url]

Nov 30 10 1:26 AM

Email.

Some Admin have email addresses listed in the thread "ACS Messageboards Administrators and Moderators." Some have their email listed in their profile.

ETA - would also like to clear up that it wasn't just me, but the admin as a group that decided on these guidelines.

~Ash~

Quote    Reply   

pigsforlife

#5 [url]

Nov 30 10 1:47 AM

The majority of people can PM and we certainly haven't "taken away the ability for most of us to PM."

The PM system has been misused in the past, and unfortunately we now have to put these guidelines in place.

~Ash~

Quote    Reply   

kylie

#7 [url]

Nov 30 10 5:59 AM

monique wrote:
how come people under 18 can not pm???

It’s a safety issue. Basically, ACS do not want the potential to be held liable if something goes wrong, because we have absolutely no control over what may be said to a minor in a PM (for example, and adult member inappropriately contacts a minor).

Flying ducks!
www.myflyingducks.blogspot.com

Quote    Reply   

kylie

#9 [url]

Nov 30 10 6:29 AM

monique wrote:
So if you don't have the ability to send pm then you can get any ether?

That's correct, yes.

Flying ducks!
www.myflyingducks.blogspot.com

Quote    Reply   

#10 [url]

Nov 30 10 7:12 AM

actually, I recieved a pm about a week and a half ago and I have not been able to reply to that.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#11 [url]

Nov 30 10 11:45 AM

Please all members replying in this thread with personal questions regarding the new forum guidelines.

If you have a personal query with the new forum guidelines and/or why you may or may not have forum pm privelidges please email one of the forum administrators via the contact details on the forum guidelines section otherwise could all responses please be kept as general responses. The thread will be locked if it becomes filled with members debating over why they personally feel they should or shouldn't have pm privelidges.

I've just updated all forum admin email contact details as a couple of admins had no email address written in these details. If you don't receive a response from one admin within 24hrs please contact another as needed as sadly because we are all volunteers some of us may be busier at times than other admins.

thanks in advance everyone for your understanding.

Jess

Quote    Reply   

#12 [url]

Nov 30 10 12:16 PM

thank you for your additional attention as I know you are very busy with a lot of issues and care of the piggies, its appreciated jess, take care of yourself, you worry me with your hectic schedule. and I dont want you to burn yourself out. Just looking out for you from another concerned (hope to be volunteer at ACS) young lady.

Quote    Reply   

#13 [url]

Nov 30 10 12:19 PM

Hey Julie, sadly I think I went past burnout point around 3yrs ago! I run nowdays on whatever that place is part that point...is it insanity? lol. Oops I've just gone off topic sorry everyone!

Glad the explanation above helped.

Quote    Reply   

#15 [url]

Nov 30 10 10:19 PM

- To be able to PM you have to be on the forum for 6 months and contribute regularly.
- When this time comes do we email and ask for access to PMing or is it done automatically?

If you are under 18; you do not have PM priviledges
- If you are Breeding/Showing; you do not have PM priviledges.
for people who dont have acccess where is the 'help' or 'guide' section so we know how to make our email address available too? or is this not allowed?

*Kris*
Our piggie Ben, Dex and Rosie, Arj and Ella

Quote    Reply   

#16 [url]

Nov 30 10 10:37 PM

Kris, click up the top where it says profile. You should be able to enter your email address there. Then for people to be able to email you via the board, you have to scroll further down on the profil page to where it says "preferences"

It will ask you:

Always show my e-mail address: Yes No

Select no, if you want it hidden, yes if you want people to be able to contact you via email.

Allison
~ I could give up chocolate, but, hey, I am not a quitter! ~

Quote    Reply   

#17 [url]

Nov 30 10 10:43 PM

Ahhh... thanks for that i will go and have look now see if i can get it to work. I couldnt find a help section or tab so I thought it was included in the "not for PM" bit

*Kris*

Quote    Reply   

#18 [url]

Nov 30 10 10:54 PM

also so at the bottom of each members post will be buttons that say

profile PM email

you can click on that and you can send a email to that person throught the forum most people have the email option on th ebottom of there posts

Quote    Reply   

#19 [url]

Nov 30 10 11:00 PM

kris i have just sent you a email from the email button at the bottom of you posts, just so you can see what I mean with the forum sending it for me as I dont have you email details but the details are stored on here in the admin panel

Quote    Reply   

#20 [url]

Nov 30 10 11:55 PM

YAY shiralee it worked.. took me forever to work out it was my literal email address and not somewhere on here.

Thanks for pointing that out to me

*Kris*

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help