Remove this ad

Lead

May 8 10 7:18 AM

Tags : :

In the past few days I have taken some pics of incoming pig issues, eye issues and some graphic impaction pics that are extremely graphic (so dont look if you dont want to see ok). I record all medical issues and always take photos for future reference - thought Id share some of the interesting things in the past week.

Condition: Fatty Eye (this does not hurt her nor affect her health in any way)... recent surrender sow with various other health issues including Ovarian Cysts.

Same sow with bumble foot - wire suspended flooring. Left unoticed due to her feet being black.

Miffi (adoptable sow), cloudy eye with bubble.. she is off to the vet with my next appointment.

One of my client's piggy, damaged his eye a few months ago - he is now blind in his eye and has lost all pigmentation - he is usually a red eyed pig.

this is Ginger - she is a new surrender, absolutely terrified skittish. Her nose was damaged upon arrival to the shelter but she soon bashed off the scab again when I went to catch her - she smashes into the hutch walls to get away from people. I have had quite a few cases like Ginger - it is lovely to see them once they feel secure and calm. Ginger is on foster care with Helen Bryan... Im sure she has settled down heaps already.

This is your gross stuff warning lol - Impaction pics and infection pics to follow!

Deltoro, my adoptable boar - (now cleared up from Impaction) wasnt a 'back up' impaction - more of a plug type with a nasty yeast infection to add to it.

Removal pics at the vet (yes I took pics whilst I was there - tourist)

Deltoro had a huge infection underneath... the following pics are of the internal part that was infected... held by Michelle, my vet.
The infection is gone now. The area was raw and ulcerated.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#2 [url]

May 8 10 8:01 AM

Alina, your pics are great. I think it's wonderful to have such clear pics of medical conditions - you could really put together some amazing reference material over time.

~until one has loved an animal, part of their heart remains unopened~

Quote    Reply   

#5 [url]

May 8 10 9:57 AM

Pictures of Ginger today(not great photos). She is turning into a very sweet girl and has gained condition and her coat is looking heaps better.

Helen - mother of 3 Children, 1 Dog, 3 Hermit crabs, 25 Guinea Pigs and lots of fish.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#6 [url]

May 8 10 10:01 PM

thanks so much for putting them up Helen.. when I first saw her nose I thought it was related to the boars that had crashed through their hutch... until I saw her smash into the side of the hutch wall here...
glad she has settled down.

Quote    Reply   

#8 [url]

Jul 21 10 1:01 PM

Hi Nicole,

the good news is that fatty eye won't cause health issues. It's usually genetic. The fatty deposit can be removed I believe but fatty eye doesn't harm the animal and is really one's own choice if they want to do anything about it or not. It won't cause any health issues at all for the piggy so would recommend just leaving it.

Quote    Reply   

#9 [url]

Jul 21 10 1:42 PM

enchantingcavy wrote:
Hi Nicole,

the good news is that fatty eye won't cause health issues. It's usually genetic. The fatty deposit can be removed I believe but fatty eye doesn't harm the animal and is really one's own choice if they want to do anything about it or not. It won't cause any health issues at all for the piggy so would recommend just leaving it.

Thanks for that
yeah better to leave it I reckon

~*Nicole*~

Quote    Reply   

#10 [url]

Jul 22 10 5:37 AM

It was gross but sadly not new to me, my Boris suffered impaction that was worse than the boy in the pics eeek, my Panda has fatty eye too.
I am rather interested in what that bubble is, and Ginger is adorable, in helens bottom pic she looks so much like my special boy Brutus!

Bonnie, mum to
~many beautiful rescued piggies,dogs,cats and ratties~

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help