Remove this ad

#141 [url]

Feb 25 10 12:09 PM

oh hold on! I had a feeling...yup those piggies live in Peru they're Cuy and double the size of our piggies aswell...still surprising though those photos but yeah I noticed it looked like a peru setup!

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#148 [url]

Nov 15 10 4:18 AM

I found this today a rabbit and guinea pig cage... Looks horrid the poor rabbit looks like it is stuck. Definately not what i would want for my GP or rabbit $250 RRP! image

http://adelaide.gumtree.com.au/c-Pets-pet-supplies-pet-products-3-Storey-White-Rabbit-Guine-Pig-Cage-RRP-250-W0QQAdIdZ241965279

*Kris*
Our piggie Ben, Dex and Rosie, Arj and Ella

Quote    Reply   

#149 [url]

Nov 15 10 4:40 AM

What is wrong with people! I get so annoyed with people that make a fuss about eating free range chook eggs but then go on and keep their animals like this.

Boo & The Piggy St Massive

Quote    Reply   

#150 [url]

Nov 15 10 6:00 AM

Ok I'm in a really bad mood today..and I contacted the girl from the ad asking if she kept them like this and what the size dimensions were. Anyway got a rude reply lol (which I expected) telling me that it's acceptable to house rabbits and guinea pigs together like this and that's why they sell you the cages. YES that's right people pet shops know best cos they are purely interested in animal welfare and not profits. Also got told I have mental issues hahahaha I should know better than to do this but today is not one of those days. :stoptheinsanity:

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#151 [url]

Nov 15 10 6:55 AM

Good on you m.boo, you probably won't be the last person to contact her regarding this awful set up. The only insane person is that STUPID MORON for thinking it acceptable to house these poor animals in such terrible cramped conditions. God, I just really want to slap people sometimes. Well, If you have mental problems because you think that the cage is not acceptable, then you are not alone.LOL!

x~~~x~x~~~x Cheryl x~~~x~x~~~x

Quote    Reply   

#152 [url]

Nov 15 10 7:42 AM

HAHA i see she has relisted it as a ferret/ guinea pig and lost the rabbit!!

(ETA: Ops sorry no that is someone else horrid cage!)

Still i was horrified and thought i would share

as for that white piggie and rabbit i really want to save them i have much happier home than that place

*Kris*

Quote    Reply   

#153 [url]

Nov 15 10 8:00 AM

Yes, I know exactly what you mean about wanting to save these little mites Kris. Just makes you want to scoop them up in your arms and get as far away as you can from their old life.

Quote    Reply   

#154 [url]

Nov 15 10 11:05 AM

Thats so horrible.I sent her a email too.How dumb can some people be? Its so infurriating. I wasn't game enough to look at those other links, but I can only imagine the condition

Quote    Reply   

#155 [url]

Nov 15 10 10:12 PM

I sent an email too but i got no response. But i wanted to know the size and what happened to the pig and rabbit.

And i sent that when i found the link

*Kris*

Quote    Reply   

#156 [url]

Nov 15 10 10:18 PM

Ok I will have my say and it is not aimed at anyone person when I say this it is just a general thing....

Yes the cage is too small and yes as most of us know rabbits and pigs should not be housed together, But when you look at the cage and the animals to me they dont look sick or unhealthy the cage is clean with bedding down the bottom.

Now we dont know this person and we cant see what else she has set up, she might have a area where the animals run free with in the house or yard and this is just a photo she did to show the lot, we should not judge people by one photo.

If the animals and cage where filthy and the pigs looked sick then yes it is not the bset thing for them.

If people are doing what they think is the best thing for their pets then I can understand why they would get upset if they get contacted to say that what they are doing is wrong, as far as the owners know they are looking after their pets with the information that they have got, it does not mean that they are bad pet owners, just havent found the right information yet.

I have come across a lot of people that really do love there animals and have no idea on what they are doing to the pet or the way they are looking after it is not the best way to care for them, but they do love them.

Also what is the wrong way for one person may not be the wrong way for the other person.

As I have said this is not aimed at anyone person and as we are all different in how we feel and deal with things that we see as that is humane nature and what makes a person who they are, I think what I would like to ask is that we all stop and ask ourselfs a few questions before we decide that someone we dont know is a bad pet owner.

Quote    Reply   

#157 [url]

Nov 15 10 11:31 PM

I've just seen the ad and must admit I think it's extremely cramped conditions for two animals as as well.

With an ad like this I may reply but first I'd reply stating 'advice' in a professional/polite manner just in case the person had been misinformed on space needed for their pets etc as sometimes yes the people do get the wrong info from the wrong place etc and I'd mention this as well about petshops and their experience or rather lack of in small pets and that they are their for business at the end of the day. I'd also give them a link to the ACS Website and show them some of the newer hutches on the market.

From here if they reply in an abusive manner atl east they have a way to reach a source on correct info and yeah I guess tehre's nothing you can really do sadly. Hopefully with a professional approach we can get through to some people, sadly not in all cases.

Is anyone from the forum able to get this bun and piggy?

Jess

Quote    Reply   

#158 [url]

Nov 15 10 11:44 PM

Sorry guys I didn't expect the poor girl to go on a be harrassed. Like I said I was in a bad mood and didn't have my thinking cap on and I would never do this any other day, just yesterday lol. However emails can always be taken the wrong way and in this case it was. I had considered sending an ACS link and explain the pet shop thing but thought prob not best if she thinks I'm a crazy person already. It's just the cage she has for sale and not the animals. Sorry, I had the guilts about doing this too...I had my kranky pants on yesterday.

Quote    Reply   

#159 [url]

Nov 16 10 12:10 AM

i think people got the wrong idea My email was not harrassing i asked what size it and if the rabbit and piggie come with it. Also asked if could house a rat or 2 (my friend has adopted a set of girls from a young girl who didnt want them cause they smelt and they came in a tiny fish tank) I also asked if the acccesories came with it and if it was nearest offer on the price.

I havent heard back but there was no way i could offend her asking thous questions.

Is anyone from the forum able to get this bun and piggy?

I do live in Adelaide and she is close enough to do a trip up. But i havent heard back on her intentions of sale.

It's just the cage she has for sale and not the animals.
did she say this?

*Kris*

Quote    Reply   

#160 [url]

Nov 16 10 1:53 AM

You make a valid point Shiralee and it's always a good thing to point out a different perspective on a situation as I wouldn't have seen it through your eyes otherwise. In hind sight my comment [ stupid moron] was mean and I was wrong for saying it, for that out burst I'm sorry. We all learn something new everyday and hopefully that's what makes us better people.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help