Remove this ad

#21 [url]

Sep 1 09 8:30 AM

LOL, what is piggy wee already? hahaha
i kiss my piggy so much daily i think i have already over inhaled the piggy wee smell.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#23 [url]

Sep 15 09 11:29 AM

I just put all my left over bedding around all my plants and they are thriving, veges and natives, Also tomatoes need only to be watered at the base dont water the leaves, and they need to be dusted with tomato dust, we are just about to pick off heaps I have 4 mature plants and 4 smaller plants, my son eats tomatoes like apples lol, so hopefullt they piuggies will get some.

Quote    Reply   

#25 [url]

Sep 16 09 3:37 AM

Depends on your area - we've only just gotten rid of the frosts here in Melb that would have killed them, while in NSW/QLD it's beautiful weather for veggies.

Also, I think there's something about the acid in tomatoes not being great, I think it was mouth ulcers?? So they're good for a treat but not all the time - go easy on the harvest!!

Your call when I whistle, your nose at the bars when I walk past - makes it all worthwhile
~Caitlin~

Quote    Reply   

#26 [url]

Sep 16 09 3:59 AM

the thing is acid in tomatoes is converted to sugar as it ripens, so if you choose to feed tomatoes to piggies, choose really ripe ones.

i am still paranoid about ulcers though so they have it in very small amount.. like 1 wedge sliced thinly and share between them.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#27 [url]

Sep 20 09 10:28 AM

I have a question to all the gardeners here...

I have never planted chives before, and this is the first time doing so, after close to a month, my chives are finally growing and looking good. I watered them yesterday and it was ok then suddenly today when I go to water it, i saw these tiny tiny black bugs allllllllllll over them and not even swatting them moves them in any way.

Called bf's mom, the dad said to use fly spray on it. bf use fly spray and they died some, but there is still many there and bf;s mom doesnt know what it is.

To cut the long story short, I have googled but found no answer. If anyone have grown chives before or know what this is, please tell me how i can get rid of it!!!

many thanks in advance...

Quote    Reply   

#29 [url]

Sep 20 09 10:40 AM

thanks. i am going to try it first thing in the morning...

Also, something has been eating my lemon verbena. I water all my plants regularly i am not sure what is wrong with the verbena. it has holes and my verbena felt dry and crunchy. but the coriander growing next to it is thriving.

any experience with verbena?

Quote    Reply   

#31 [url]

Sep 20 09 10:46 AM

The black bugs are aphids on your chives, you should be able to simply spray them off with water.
Lemon Verbena don't like frosts, that could explain the brown crunchy leaves.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help